Tuesday, April 2, 2013

IVF Drug Protocol Day 15

Went back for a check today and the Dr. actually came to "the viewing".  He also planted himself between the stirrups and casually draped his arm over my legs and chatted with us as the nurse checked my ovaries.  REALLY!!!  My follicles had grown minimally since yesterday, but Doc said he would look at the final numbers and my bloodwork before deciding for sure if it would be trigger day.  The nurse sent us home with Oocyte Retrieval instructions along with 5 more vials of Menopur (just in case). We headed home and on the way the nurse called to let us know that it was NOT trigger day and I need one more day of stim shots.  I am disappointed, but I want the most eggies possible.  We head back tomorrow, hopefully for some better news.  Looks like Friday is the day now.  Our lives will change one way or the other.  Sperm or no sperm...that is now the question!

1 comments:

A Little Slice of Heaven said...

It's okay. ((( hugs )))
The way I see it....it wasn't trigger day for a reason....more eggs is good! I know how you feel though.....if they would have told me I had to start BC instead of Follistim on Monday, I would have been disappointed too. You are doing great...and I love reading your blog!!!

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Insights