Tuesday, March 26, 2013

IVF Drug Protocol Day 8

Missed posting yesterday...back to school caused total exhaustion and to top it off my raging hormones lead to total meltdown!!! It was not a pretty scene to say the least! Now I am finally back to a semblance of normal. Had another ultrasound and estradiol check this morning. My left ovary and 6 follies showed themselves today after their disappearing act on Sunday. Thank goodness!! Cyst on right ovary is now 33mm....arghhhh! Wish that thing would quit growing. Strangely my pain is located mostly on the left with rare twinges on the right. So, after my u/s the nurse said I was done with Follistim, but called back at noon to let me know I need to continue for at least 2 more days. Guess what?!? I am out, (actually had just enough for today) so I had to call the pharmacy to get a refill and just hope it comes early tomorrow! Still not sure when retrieval will be, I'm guessing early next week.

The nurse also went over all of our pre-op paperwork today and asked when we were doing the MESA procedure. We were told it had to be done after egg retrieval. Guaranteeing at least a $14,0000 bill even if we have no sperm. She called us later and had spoken to the lab. We can do MESA first, so if we have no sperm we can skip egg retrieval!!! This will save us a ton of money if that happens to be the outcome! One small relief in the onslaught of things going on right now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Insights